Yes, you can descale a hot tub, and there are a few ways to do so.
- Create your own solution: You can do this without breaking the bank by mixing together water and white vinegar. Once you have mixed them together, the mix can be added to a spray bottle, and from there, you can spray your hot tub thoroughly.
- Use a premade solution: There are various brands of hot tub descaler that you can purchase that will do the trick. Once you have chosen the best option, you are then able to move the solution into a spray bottle, similar to the option above, and spray the inside of your tub.
There are a few ways to descale a hot tub. Using the steps above with a chosen descaler, you can spray the inside of your hot tub, cover, and shell. You need to make sure it’s sprayed evenly and thoroughly. From here, you are able to scrub your hot tub until it’s clean, and rinse all excess solution off.
Another way to descale your hot tub would be to apply it directly to your hot tub’s pump. All you need to do if you choose this option is add the recommended dose of solution into your hot tub’s water and leave the pumps running. It’s suggested to keep your pumps running for an hour or so. This will ensure all the mineral deposits are broken down.
Do you need to descale a hot tub?
Similar to other items in the home, your hot tub is no different. Yes, descaling your hot tub every once in a while is highly recommended. Descaling a hot tub means that you are carefully removing mineral buildup. Additionally, this can be done for various appliances found around the home.
The frequency of descaling your hot tub will depend on the amount of usage it gets and the number of times you regularly clean it. Of course, as expected, if you don’t regularly clean your hot tub, you will need to descale your hot tub more often.
In order to do so, you should drain your hot tub and clean it every three to six months. With this method, you will need to choose a premade solution or create your own. By spraying the solution on your tub and scrubbing away all that is needed, will be the best course of action.
Or, if you want an easier way to descale your tub, you can add the proper amount of solution to your hot tub’s water. As suggested before, you will need to keep your water pumps running for around an hour for the right amount of mineral breakdown.
How do you descale a hot tub pipe?
In order to descale the pipes of your hot tub, you need to complete the steps listed below:
- Remove all hot tub filters
- Add a biofilm remover to your hot tubs water
- Run all the jets at high speeds for close to two hours
Once you have completed these steps, you can drain your hot tub and clean it, as suggested in this article’s first section. By descaling your hot tubs pipes, you will reap the benefits of a cleaner tub.